All trains depart Sheepscot Station (97 Cross Road, Alna, Maine) at the dates and times listed below.
General Admission to explore the Museum grounds and visit the Gift Shop is free. Hours are 10:00AM-3:00PM, every Saturday.
Tickets for train rides and events are best reserved in advance, and range in price depending on the activity. However, children (ages 0-3) always ride free on the WW&F.
Click the Date/Title of each train ride to learn more and to reserve your tickets.
* * Spring 2022 * *
Take the train to the scenic Trout Brook Preserve to enjoy a guided hike presented by our friends at Midcoast Conservancy. Tickets are $10 – $20 per person (includes a contribution to Midcoast Conservancy) with trains departing at 11a.
Reservations required. This event has extremely limited capacity.
Ride the historic narrow gauge train through the fields and forests of scenic Alna, Maine. Tickets are $5 – 15 per person with trains departing at 11a, 12p, and 3p.
Treat Dad to a railroad-sized cookout of smoke and steam! Riders will enjoy an extended layover at Top of Mountain for a cookout, farmstand, and horsewagon rides. Tickets are $5 – 15 per person with trains departing at 11a, 12p, and 3p.
These special work days are set aside to do maintenance along the railroad – usually installing ties and ballast. After working most of the live-long day, we all board the steam-powered special “dinner train” for a cookout at our event pavilion as “thank you” for our volunteers. Volunteers of ages and abilities are welcome.
* * Summer 2022 * *
Click the links for details on these unique events and activities.
Note: Tickets for certain events are not yet available.
- July 2nd, 9th, 16th, & 23rd: Lavender Dinnertime Trains to SeaLyon Farm
- July 2nd & Aug 20th: Ice Cream Express
- July 9th, Aug 20th, & Sept 3rd: Ride the Rails to Hike the Trails
- July 30th, Aug 20th, Sept 3rd, & Oct 1: Music on the Railway Concert Series
- July 2nd, 9th, 16th, & 23rd: Sheepscot Valley Steam Train
NOTE: Other than the concert train, there are no public trains offered on July 30th.
- July 24th: Open Farm Day and Alna Day
- Aug 6th: Mountain Extension Grand Opening
NOTE: Other than the ceremonial first train, there are no public trains offered on August 6th.
- Aug 13th: Annual Picnic: The Mountain is OPEN!
- Aug 20th, 27th & 28th and Sept 3rd: Sheepscot Valley Steam Train
- Aug 27th & 28th: WWI Re-enactment Encampment
- Sept 3rd: Wild Blueberry Express
* * Fall & Winter 2022 * *
Details are coming soon for these popular events:
- Oct 1st, 8th, 15th, & 22nd: Pumpkin Pickin’ Trains to SeaLyon Farm (and Sheepscot Valley Steam Train)
- Oct 7th – 10th: Fall Work Weekend
- Nov 26th, Dec 3rd, & Dec 10th: Christmastime Trains to SeaLyon Farm
What to Expect
The WW&F Railway prides itself on being more than just a train ride. We invite passengers to journey with us on steam-powered excursion through the wild pine forests, farmlands and hamlets of the Sheepscot Valley to our various destinations and activities.
Rent the Railroad
The entire railroad, or just a car, can be rented for a period of time. Our caboose can be rented for birthday parties or other events during regular operating days. The entire railroad can be chartered on non-operating days. For more information, please contact the Special Passenger Agent.
Passes & Vouchers
To redeem vouchers or passes; including brass “lifetime passes”, please purchase your tickets online, then email email@example.com to receive a refund for the value of the train-ride portion of any special event.