Looking for a unique venue for your wedding, corporate gathering, or railfan experience?
The WW&F Railway Museum is pleased to offer our trains and facilities to make any event an unforgettable experience for your guests.
Our train seats up to 100 passengers, who will be whisked back in time to our spacious 30’x80′ event pavilion nestled among the fields and forests of scenic Alna, Maine.
Or maybe you want to charter the train for photography, videography, or to create the “ultimate railfan” experience – we can handle that too!
Note that all chartered events at the WW&F Railway must include a train ride. (Except for a small number of support vehicles, the event pavilion is only accessible by train.) The event pavilion does not have electrical service or any facilities.
WW&F Museum Members receive a 15% discount on the train rental portion of any charter.
We offer significant discounts on events and train rentals that occur during normal operating days. These could be as simple as reserving a car for up to 30 passengers on one of our scheduled trains, or having a day-long family reunion at our event pavilion. However, some facilities may not be available during special railroad events, etc. Railroad rentals on non-operating days are significantly more expensive.
Here are three examples to help you get an idea of what is possible, and what it might cost.
You invite 30 people to a private 2-hour picnic at the event pavilion. Includes steam train ride to and from the pavilion on a scheduled passenger train, your group seated in their own private coach.
Held on a non-scheduled day, your private event is filled with Victorian elegance and country charm. Your 100 guests fill the steam train for a trip back in time. Everyone debarks at the event pavilion for your ceremony – officiated by the train’s Conductor on the back platform of the railroad car! During your reception, the train lingers as a backdrop for photos, and remains available for another ride through the scenic countryside. Four hours on the railway pass far too quickly before the train brings you and your guests back home.
Railfan Photography Extravaganza
You and your friends have created the ultimate six-hour railroad photography event. A matched three-car narrow gauge steam passenger train will be at your call during the morning light, followed by a typical 3-car freight train in the afternoon. No fancy luncheon at the pavilion for you – you’re here to experience the thrill of railroading on the Sheepscot narrow gauge.
Please see the pricing chart below for all the details.
We’re flexible, and can accommodate almost any special request (except, of course, driving the train.) We’ve hosted weddings, elegant tea services, concerts, reunions, and civic gatherings.
For more information and details, please contact J.B. Smith, Special Passenger Agent at: email@example.com
|Item||First Two Hours||Each Add'l Hour||Notes|
|Steam locomotive and one passenger coach (seats up to 30 guests.)||$1200||$540||This is not available (or required) on a day when the museum has scheduled operations.|
|Diesel locomotive and one passenger coach (seats up to 30 guests.)||$1000||$450||This is not available (or required) on a day when the museum has scheduled operations.|
|Passenger coach (seats up to 30 guests.)||$400||$180||Price does not include admission to WW&F-sponsored events (such as concerts.)|
|Caboose (seats up to 15 guests.)||$150||$65||Price does not include admission to WW&F-sponsored events (such as concerts.)|
|30' x 80' Event Pavilion for a private event occurring on a non-operating day.||$800||$400||Pavilion can not be reserved without at least one locomotive and passenger coach.|
|30' x 80' Event Pavilion for a private event occurring during a public operating day.||$400||$200||Pavilion can not be reserved without at least one passenger coach.|
|Setup/takedown at the event pavilion.||$75||per hour before and/or after the event. Access is limited to no more than 5 vehicles via an unimproved dirt road.|
|Guided Museum Tour||$100||Per group of 30 people.|
|Freight Car||$150||$65||For photo charters, special requests, etc.|
|Model T Railcar||$600||$270||Seats 5 passengers.|
|Handcar||$125||$50||Use the railroad's "pump car" for a tour of the line, or as a photo prop.|
|Switching Fee||$150||Assessed if the train's consist is changed during the chartered period.|
- Pricing and availability varies significantly between days when the train is already operating, and on days when it is not scheduled. In short, chartered events on operating days are significantly less expensive, but may have limited access to certain facilities – and train passage must occur during a scheduled trip. On non-operating days, all facilities and services are (usually) available and can be scheduled with great flexibility.
- Each passenger coach seats up to 30 guests. When chartering a locomotive on a non-operating day, the first coach (or caboose) is included.
- Available passenger coaches include historic cars with elegant “walk-over” seats, “combination” cars with bench seating, or open cars with outdoor seating.
- The caboose seats 15 guests. (Yes, you can ride “up top” in the cupola.)
- Handicap accessibility is available on a “combine” coach or caboose. However, there is no handicap ramp at the event pavilion.
- A “full train” accommodates 100 guests and requires three passenger coaches and a caboose. A “full train” can not typically be reserved during regular operating days.
- The maximum recommended event duration (excluding setup time at the event pavilion) is six hours. Any event lasting more than six hours requires an additional locomotive charge.
- WW&F Museum Members are entitled to a 15% discount on all train rental fees.
- Passenger coaches (and the caboose) can usually be charted for any WW&F-sponsored event, including Music on the Railway concerts, Lavender (or Pumpkin) Pickin’ trains to SeaLyon Farm, Ice Cream (or Wild Blueberry) Express, Holiday specials, etc. However, admission to these events is not included in the charter prices quoted above. Please contact us directly if you wish to charter a portion of the train going to any WW&F-sponsored special event.
- Charters requested within 60 days prior to the event are subject to a 10% surcharge; 20% surcharge if scheduled within 30 days.
- A 50% deposit is required to reserve the railroad. (Non-refundable after 60 days prior to the event.)
- The event pavilion does not have electrical service or any facilities. A porta-potty is available. The pavilion features bench seating for 100 guests; chairs and tables are not provided by the railroad. Those renting the pavilion are welcome to arrange for catering, a generator, or any additional amenities. (Setup fee may apply.)
- No, you can’t drive the train. However, cab rides may be available at the sole discretion of the engineer based on various conditions (including the attire of the passenger.)
- Questions? Please contact J.B. Smith, Special Passenger Agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org