|1894||1894||1||Scrapped 1937||Jackson & Sharp|
Notes: Combine #1 was a combination baggage, Railway Post
Office, and Express car. This car served the railroad almost until the
end, but in its last years it was in very poor condition.
|1894||1894||11||Scrapped or burned after 1933||Jackson & Sharp|
Notes: Coach #2 was identical to Coach #3 at the time of construction. It served the railroad until the end.
|1894||1894||10||To B&SR 1912, Edaville 1944, MNGRR 1994, WW&F 1999||Jackson & Sharp|
Notes: Coach #3's history is as long and storied as that of
Engine #9's. The coach was sold to the Bridgton & Saco River RR
about 1912. At the B&SR it was given the number 18. The coach
survived the scrapping drives of the late '30s to be bought by Ellis
Atwood and moved to South Carver, Mass. Atwood gave its old number and
lettering back on his railroad, Edaville, for a while. The coach
survived sixty years of running, plus a fire that nearly consumed it in
the late '80s, to be brought back to Maine in 1994 as part of the
collection at Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company and Museum, in
Portland ME. The WW&F Railway Museum leased it from MNGRR in 1999.
|1895||1895||Scrapped 1901||Jackson & Sharp|
Notes: Coach #4 was purchased as a smoking car originally. It
was rebuilt a few years later as a combination car, then was burned in
a fire in 1901. The railroad scrapped it, using its trucks under one of
|1901||1901||12||Scrapped 1937||Jackson & Sharp|
Notes: The "Vassalboro" was a short coach, and was ordered specifically for use on the Winslow branch.
|1901||1901||3||Scrapped 1937||Jackson & Sharp|
Notes: The "Taconnet" was a Smoker, RPO, and Baggage car, and
like the Vassalboro was ordered specifically for use on the Winslow
|1902||1903||2||Scrapped 1937||Jackson & Sharp|
Notes: Combine #7 was certainly the most unusual car on any
of the narrow gauge railroads in Maine. It was built as a trolley car, but the
trolley company that ordered it canceled the order. It was then sold to the WW&F,
and entered service as the widest car to ever operate on any 2 foot gauge road,
at 7 feet 5 inches wide. In 1906, after the death of a rider changing seats
mid-trip, it was rebuilt into a combination RPO and passenger car. The car was
the last operating RPO on any of the Maine two-foot gauge railroads, on the day
of the last derailment in June 15, 1933.