What Can I Do To Help Out?
Any donations are appreciated, whether they be of time, money, or materials. If you are looking to give for specific need or project, please contact the Museum (use the address above) for further information or ideas.
Here's a partial list of needed help:
- Volunteers - Actually work on a railroad. From track crew to groundskeepers to tour guides, we need your help. If you're interested, just show up on an operating day, or a volunteer work day (see the calendar) and we'll find something for you to do. Please see the Volunteer page for more information.
- Rail - The Museum is looking for a source of 60 pound rail, the size we prefer working with. A used, relay-quality rail costs around $250.00.
- Ties - Can't have rail without ties. Minimum size is 5' long, in good shape. New ties are around $40; used are around $15.
- Memorabilia - If you have any 2-foot or WW&F history you wish to share, come on down!
- Mortgage - The Museum has a fairly substantial bank mortgage, of over $75,000. If you can help the Museum pay this down, either through low-interest loans or donations, we would love to hear from you.
- Right of Way - Do you own any of the original WW&F's railroad right-of-way, and would like us to have it? Come talk to us!
- Endowment - Please think of us during your estate planning.
This page modified . These pages copyright 1997 - 2008 by W. W. & F. Railway Museum/James C. Patten