Flatcar 118 was built in 1912 by the Portland Company for the WW&F, and was one of the last batch of 10 flatcars the railroad bought. It was used during scrapping operations, pulled by a pair of horses. It was bought, along with Engine 9, in 1937 by William Moneypenny and stored on the Ramsdell Farm in Connecticut.
The flatcar was a part of the Ramsdell collection until 1989, when Harry Percival brought it up from Connecticut to restore it. It had been stored outdoors for the 60 years it was on the Ramsdell farm, so the wood had rotted away, leaving only the metal parts. It was the first railroad car the Museum restored, in 1993. Now, the flatcar is an integral part of operations, as it is used as a work car for track maintenance, for ballasting, and sometimes as an open air "coach."
Below is a montage of images from the flatcar's life on the WW&F, at the Ramsdell Farm, and back on the WW&F.